Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

And we're off....

Yesterday was my follow up ultrasound. I've been on the birth control now for 12 more days. This time my blood was drawn first for the estrogen level and then I went into the exam room for my ultrasound. Nick wasn't able to make this appointment since he had to work, so I was on my own. I couldn't see the ultrasound screen this time. I forgot to mention that all of these ultrasounds are intravaginal. It's a lot like having a rod stuck up there and moved around in different directions. Since I've been bleeding the entire time I've been on the birth control this movement hurt and would make me bleed more. So here I lay on the table with the wand in place and moving. All of a sudden Dr. Moretuzzo says "Ok, we are good to go."  YEAH!!! No more cyst!

Where do we go from here? Well, Saturday was what I'm hoping is the last day for a while that I will be taking birth control. Thursday April 25th starts the next step. Thursday will be considered cycle day #3. I will start giving myself shots that evening. I have to take them at the same time every day. Then Monday, April 29th I go in for another ultrasound to see how the eggs are growing in my ovaries. I will post more details about the medications on Thursday. Don't want to get too far ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment