Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Strength in Numbers

Many people have been asking me if I'm excited about this process. My standard answer has been that it is hard to get excited about this when we've been through all that we have. I think today I would change my answer.

We had our first ultrasound today since starting the medication last Thursday evening. Everything is looking good! From now on when the ultrasounds are done we are looking at numbers and size of the follicles. Today we had 6 good size follicles on the right side and 8 on the left side. We want a total of at least 10 follicles; We have 14!  The follicles on the right side measure from 9-11 and the ones on the left measure from 8-10. We are looking for a measurement of 14.  

From here we are continuing the current medications for Monday and Tuesday night. I am still on Follistim 225 and 1 vial of Menopur at night. Wednesday morning we go back into the office and have another ultrasound. When the follicles reach the right measurement we will start the Ganirelix to prevent the follicles from ovulating. Hopefully this will start Wednesday. We are thinking that the retrieval should be either Monday or Tuesday next week.

So yes, after the ultrasound today I gave Nick a high five. I am getting excited! I just hope that we don't take anymore steps backward!

1 comment: