Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Infertility Etiquette

Today's blog focuses on feelings more than the process right now since we don't have anything coming up until Saturday. I am sure this is not something that people want to hear, but it is something that I feel needs to be written.

For a long while I have wanted to be a mom, to be pregnant, and to experience everything that goes all with it.  When I was younger and not in a place for this to happen I cherished hearing about other people's children, what they are up to, what stupid things they do and so on. I also didn't mind hearing about women's pregnancies; how they were going, the appointments, the pain, the fatigue, and all the other issues that come with being pregnant. As I have grown up, gotten married, and become in the position to hopefully become a mom I enjoyed all of this as well. Now that we are going through all the problems that we are going through I find myself in a different frame of mind.

When you see what seems like everyone around you get pregnant it gets depressing. I want to be one of them. Every time I have to listen to people complain about their back hurting, being tired or complain about anything all I can think is I would kill for that opportunity. People do not seem to understand how their words and actions effect other people. It gets to me when I listen to mothers complain about being up all night with their children. If you didn't want that, why did you get pregnant? Most people know whats coming. I get tired of hearing all the complaints. There are times when I don't want to listen to the cute things your child did last night or last week. I don't want to see your latest pictures. All it does is remind me of what I don't have.

Comments aimed at what people think is helping the situation don't. I don't want to hear "quit trying, it'll happen when you least expect it." I don't want to hear " if you just loose some weight, you'll get pregnant." These are ignorant comments. If you knew my story, you wouldn't be telling me these things. The other day I had someone who didn't know my story say to me, "Those IVF moms are psychotic." At first, I turned to her and said " We aren't all psychotic." Then I got to thinking, while I can't answer to that for other people, I have to say that yes, I will probably be psychotic. I have a reason. I have been trying for a long time to have a baby, to realize this dream and by god I am going to protect that dream at any cost.

I am posting a link to another blog that talks about Infertility Etiquette. Please take the time to read it and think about it. http://www.resolve.org/support-and-services/for-family--friends/infertility-etiquette.html

We have our next ultrasound on Saturday April, 20th to see if the cyst is gone and we can continue on the journey.

1 comment: