Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Halfway!

Here's the weekly update!

How far along:  20 weeks! I can't believe that we are half way through this pregnancy. I am still in awe at the fact that I have a little baby growing inside of me. Today also happens to be our 3rd Anniversary!

Due Date: December 31st

How Big is Baby? According to the Bump, He/She is the size of a Banana! 
Total weight gain? Well, just got on the scale and according to our home scale I am down another almost 3 pounds this week. That means total I am down 17 pounds, 14 ounces. We'll see what the scale says when we go to see Dr. K next Tuesday.  

Maternity clothes? I have still wearing my pre-maternity clothes. I love my two maternity shirts, but that's all I have for now.  

Stretch marks? Some new ones. I bought some cocoa butter and am trying that. 

Sleep: What sleep? When I get sleep its only about 2-3 hours at a time. I am constantly getting up to pee or having to switch positions due to hip and back pain. I have slept better this week, but I think that's because I just finished working 5 12 hour shifts back to back. 

Best moment this week: Last Friday and Saturday I was having some really bad cramping/ spasms in my upper abdomen. I've had these spasms since before we got pregnant so I wasn't really worried about them, but they were getting bad and no one has really ever been able to explain what they are from. I happened to know that Dr. K was on call Saturday and was in house, so after work I went down to L&D to ask what her opinion was. She confirmed that it wasn't baby related and thinks that it may be muscular or intestinal. To ease my fears she offered to have the nurses put me on the monitor to check for heart beat. Of course I wasn't going to pass up that opportunity :)  The nurse found the heart beat pretty easily. It was around 150s. Then Dr. K came in and surprised me with doing a quick ultrasound. I got to see Beanie! She was sleeping, but we could clearly see heart beat. It was a nice surprise to get that!  

Miss anything? I'm missing sleep and energy, but that comes with the territory doesn't it!

Movement: I'm pretty sure I am feeling Beanie on a consistent basis now. It kind of feels like the butterflies you get in your stomach when you are nervous. I can't wait for Nick to be able to feel him or her.  

Food cravings: Nothing really. It's kind of been hard to want to eat. Just not been hungry.  

Anything making you queasy or sick? Pretty much discovered that smell is my worst enemy this week. I've thrown up a couple of more times, but nothing I can't handle.

Gender: Don't know yet. We will get to find out August 19th.

Labor signs: None. 

Symptoms: 
  • Sore breasts: they are bigger and sometimes hurt to touch
  • Exhausted: I want to sleep all the time
  • I feel bloated
  • Back pain/round ligament pain: I feel it most when I get up too fast. 
  • (TMI) tons of mucous. 
Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On when I remember to put it on,  but I'm sure later in summer they will be off.

Looking forward to: Beanie's dresser for the nursery gets delivered today. Our next OB appointment is August 19th and we get to see this miracle again and find out if we are going to be finding a girl or boy name! For our Anniversary we are going to Cincinnati and Gatlinburg for a couple of days. We both scheduled our days so that we have a week off starting today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment