Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

19 week update


Here's the weekly update!

How far along:  19 weeks and 1 day. When we were in Grand Haven a couple of weeks ago we took our first belly bump pictures. Nick has been begging me to take these for a while and I resisted. Being overweight to begin with, I have a hard time not seeing that perfect round bump that most people have. So here is the "bump" at 17 weeks. 

Due Date: December 31st

How Big is Baby? According to the Bump, He/She is the size of a Mango! 
Total weight gain? Still down about 15 pounds. I haven't gained any weight, but I feel a lot bigger. My back has started to hurt quite a bit, but more on that later in the post. 

Maternity clothes? I have still wearing my pre-maternity clothes. I love my two maternity shirts, but that's all I have for now.  I did have to unbutton my shorts yesterday while I was getting my hair done and they were left that way for the rest of the day. I have a feeling that I will be buying some new clothes in the near future. 

Stretch marks? Some new ones. I bought some cocoa butter to try, although I've only put it on once. 

Sleep: What sleep? When I get sleep its only about 2-3 hours at a time. I am constantly getting up to pee or having to switch positions due to hip and back pain. The pain started this week after we spent a week in Norwalk, OH helping with Nick's Aunt and Uncle's Pontiac car show, swap meet, and drag races. We had a great time. We spent the week in a hotel that was great, just not our home bed. I think the big problem came from sitting in a collapsible chair with no support. I went to the Chiropractor yesterday and boy, was I a mess. He had to fix just about every joint in my body. My hips were out of alignment and my low back was sooo scrunched. I felt better afterward, but still having some pain that I think is more round ligament related.  I used a heat pad last night so I could sleep better. I am still using my body pillow and that helps too. 

Best moment this week: So, I mentioned that after our last appointment we were headed to Grand Haven, MI for some vacation. Here are some pictures that show our time there. 




We were there for 4 days and had a great time. We spent time with family and played games. We went to the beach one day, but the water temperatures were only around 60 degrees. It was a bit chilly. We also went down to the lighthouse that you see above. Grand Haven has a cute main street with little shops that are fun to walk through. After we got back from Grand haven we worked three days and then left for Norwalk, OH. We were there for 6 days. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from our time there since we were working for most of it. 

Miss anything? Well, no more missing Arby's Market Fresh Sandwiches as I was told at our last visit by Dr. K that they are perfectly fine to eat. It made my day!  So really, I guess I miss having energy and getting sleep, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

Movement: Possibly some but I don't really know what its supposed to feel like. 

Food cravings: Nothing really. It's kind of been hard to want to eat. Just not been hungry.  

Anything making you queasy or sick? So my sense of smell has gotten a lot better. Monday night, I wasn't feeling that good and Nick let some gas fly and I had to run for the bathroom! I've only had to throw up once or twice in the last 4 weeks. 

Gender: Don't know yet. We will get to find out August 19th.

Labor signs: None. 

Symptoms: 
  • Sore breasts: they are bigger and sometimes hurt to touch
  • Exhausted: I want to sleep all the time
  • I feel bloated
  • Back pain/round ligament pain: I feel it most when I get up too fast. 
  • (TMI) tons of mucous. 
Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On when I remember to put it on,  but I'm sure later in summer they will be off.

Looking forward to: Next Wednesday the dresser gets delivered for the nursery. Our next OB appointment is August 19th and we get to see this miracle again and find out if we are going to be finding a girl or boy name!  I am also looking forward to feeling this little miracle move sometime soon and actually knowing that's what it is!

2 comments: