Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ok, So Beanie is a.....

Here's the weekly update!

How far along:  21 weeks! 

Due Date: December 31st

How Big is Baby? According to the Bump, He/She is the size of a a Pomegranate! 
Total weight gain? According to our home scale I am down 17 pounds. According to the doctors office scale I am down 12 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? For the most part I am still wearing my pre-maternity clothes. I did break down and buy a couple of things when we were in Gatlinburg, TN and I have to admit, they are much more comfortable.   

Stretch marks? Some new ones. I bought some cocoa butter and am trying that. 

Sleep: Sleep has been ok for the last week. We were out of town for most of it and sleeping in hotels, so it kind of varied. I took my snoogle with me and I'm pretty sure that helped keep me in line. 

Best moment this week: We went to Cincinnati and Gatlinburg for our Anniversary/ Baby Moon... Oh, wait, of course it was getting to find out that beanie is a....






Wait for it....










BOY!!!




When the tech put the ultrasound probe on my belly that was almost the first thing to come up. It was unmistakably a boy. After we figured that part out, she continued on to look at every thing else. Beanie looks great! He was measuring about 12 ounces which puts him in the 45th percentile. His heart rate was 150 beats per minute. For those of you that will ask, anatomy and fluid were normal. We found out the reason that I'm not feeling him kick and move as much as I should be. The placenta is right out front preventing his kicks from coming through! When he kicks lower I can feel that. He is currently breech (his head is up towards my ribs).  Last night after we found out we went out to dinner with my family and got to do our "gender reveal." It was fun to put together.




I just have to say that most of you were wrong when you guessed on the facebook poll. Here are the result: Girl: 10  Boy: 4. Don't worry I was wrong too! I will do a post later about our trip to Cincinnati and Gatlinburg.

Miss anything? I'm missing sleep and energy, but that comes with the territory doesn't it!

Movement: Like I said earlier, I'm feeling him more now, but just not enough. At least I know why now!  

Food cravings: Nothing really stands out. I stick to pretty bland things, fruit and veggies.   

Anything making you queasy or sick? Certain smells kick the puking into gear, but I'm not nauseous most of the time. 

Gender: BOY!

Labor signs: None. 

Symptoms: 
  • Sore breasts: they are bigger and sometimes hurt to touch
  • Exhausted: I want to sleep all the time
  • I feel bloated
  • Back pain/round ligament pain: I feel it most when I get up too fast. 
  • (TMI) tons of mucous. 
Belly Button in or out? In, but flattening out.

Wedding rings on or off? On when I remember to put it on,  but I'm sure later in summer they will be off.

Looking forward to: Getting Beanie's room put together now that we know it's a boy and buying things!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment