Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

30 Week Update!

Here's the weekly update! 

How far along:  30 weeks.

Due Date: December 31st, but he will come when he is darn good and ready.

How Big is Baby? According to the Bump, Beanie is the size of a cucumber. 

 

or this big....




Total weight gain? Well according to the doctor's scale last week weight was essentially the same. This mornings weight was up about 2 pounds from that weight. Who knows. Every scale is different, So I guess we will continue to go by what the doctors office says. 

Maternity clothes? Yep, Those, yoga pants and tee shirts, and scrubs are what I live in. 

Stretch marks? Yep, but who cares! He is growing and I'm good with that. 

Sleep: What sleep? :)  When I do sleep I wake up and have to move positions which is getting harder and harder. I think he is having a growth spurt and that's making me sore. 

Best moment this week:  Last Saturday we went to Miracles in Motion and had a 4D Ultrasound done. They have a viewing room so my parents, brother and sister-in-law, and my grandmother were able to come and see the little man. It was so neat to be able to see his chubby cheeks and watch him move. He was all tucked in on my left side with his head down. Halfway through I drank some orange juice to see if we could get him to move some more. Well all he did was put his feet above his head.  We got a disk with all of the pictures on it and a DVD of the session. Here are some pictures from the session. Sorry they are so blurry, they are pictures of pictures.



Miss anything? Sleep and Energy. 

Movement: All the time. He tends to take a nap in the afternoon, exactly when I would like to take one. He's most active right after dinner. 

Food cravings: Not really. Just enjoying the fact that I've been able to eat :)

Anything making you queasy or sick? Well, I was extremely queasy when I had to do my 3 hour glucose tolerance test yesterday. More on that later. 

Gender: BOY!

Labor signs: None. 

Symptoms: 
  • A bump :)
  • Sore breasts: they are bigger and sometimes hurt to touch
  • Exhausted: I want to sleep all the time
  • Back pain/round ligament pain: I feel it most when I get up too fast. 
  • Sciatic pain
  • Braxton Hicks contractions mainly when I am at work or doing too much. 
Belly Button in or out? In, but flattening out.

Wedding rings on or off? On when I remember to put it on, It's still pretty loose.

Looking forward to: My Chiropractor appointment on Monday. I can tell I am getting pretty tight and out of wack lately

My shoulder is getting better. I've been going to physical therapy two times a week and actually doing my exercises at home. I have an appointment next week for a checkup and hopefully I will be discharged from physical therapy.

The newest ailment is not as much fun. I mentioned that I had to have my glucose tolerance test last week. Well, I failed the first one. The 1 hour glucose is supposed to be less than 140. Mine was 191. This meant that I had to have a 3 hour test. I did my 3 hour test yesterday. To fail this test two of the values (out of the 4) have to be above the levels that they want. Well I nailed that one. My fasting level and the 3 hour level were ok, but not the 1 hour and the 2 hour. So this means that I am now a gestational diabetic. I get to go to the diabetes treatment center to get education on what I should and shouldn't be eating. I also get to start going to an endocrinologist so that they can follow my blood sugars. I have to keep my blood sugars under control or they will affect beanie. There are so many things that could happen that I am not going there unless they happen. Overall, this pregnancy has been wonderful and I wouldn't change anything for the world!

2 comments:

  1. Great update, Christy! Congrats on your baby boy to be. I'm hosting a giveaway with baby boy items on my blog that you may want to check out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessah! I am so happy for you too! I will check out your giveaway!

      Delete