Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Grow, Grow, Grow

Today was the first ultrasound since we starting doing the Follistim and Menopur on Sunday night. Our appointment was at 8:30 this morning and when we first walked in there weren't that many people in the waiting room. The more we sat and waited the more people showed up. This time I didn't have to deal with any ultrasound pictures or pregnant women. First, the phlebotomist (her name is Kim) drew my blood for an estrogen level. She had a hard time this morning, but I think I've probably not been drinking enough water. Then we went to have our ultrasound.

I had forgotten that Dr. Moretuzzo had said he wasn't going to be in the office today, so when Dr. Maseelall walked in I did a double take. It's the first time I've ever met her. She was very nice. When she put the probe in to do the ultrasound I knew my ovaries were big. It hurt!  At this time during our cycle in April we had 14 follicles that measured from 8-11mm. Today we have 6 on the right and 6 on the left for a total of 12. The ones on the right measure from 9-14mm and the ones on the left measure from 8-13mm. They are definitely bigger this time compared to last time. If you recall we are looking for a measurement of at least 14mm to be considered mature. I only have 1 at this time. I guess being on Lupron also allows you to push past the 1 that is big enough already to be able to grow the rest of them (or so I'm being told).

My estrogen level was 755 which is apparently right where it should be. The nurse that called me said that everyone is different and there isn't a right or wrong number. It depends on the ultrasound a lot.  The plan is to continue on our current medication (225IU of Follistim and 1 vial of Menopur) for tonight, Saturday night, and Sunday night. Then I'll go back for another ultrasound on Monday morning. Hopefully retrieval will be Thursday of next week.

Last night I got to thinking about the fact that I haven't had any nausea since I went gluten free. Well that was gone this morning. I'm pretty sure its the medications and that my estrogen level is so high. Darn hormones :)

As far as the move goes, I am still waiting on credentialing at Parkview. The house plans are moving right along. The mortgage application is with the underwriters and we are just waiting for their go ahead. We are hoping to get ground broken soon. Nick is spending the weekend working with his family at the Johnny Appleseed Festival in Fort Wayne. Check him out at the Ye ole Candy Shop. Tomorrow is my first call shift at work. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment