Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Large Numbers

Retrieval went well yesterday. We had to be there at 7 am for a 7:30 am scheduled retrieval. Nick had to make his deposit and while he was doing that I was being prepped. I stripped down to just my sports bra and put on a gown, hair net, and booties. Then the anesthesiologist came in and had me sign the consent for sedation. She was all ready to take me in to the procedure room, but I wanted to wait for Nick so I could see him before the procedure. So, she decided to put in my IV in the prep room. Nick wasn't ready, so I went into the procedure room without seeing him :(. The procedure went well and we were told they got 22 eggs. Last time we got 18 eggs.  This time was about the same with post anesthesia nausea. I threw up in the post procedure room once and then again when we got to the door of our apartment. When we got home we went back to bed and slept for a while and I felt so much better. The rest of the day I was having a hard time walking around. I think its because when I would sit everything in my abdomen would become crunched together and then when I would get up everything would have to try to come apart again. It subsided as the day went on, but I decided to be on the safe side and took today off of work.  

This morning we got a phone call from the embryologist who told us how the fertilization went. Of the 22 eggs that they harvested, 20 of them were mature, and 16 of them fertilized normally. We are super excited about the possibilities from this harvest. We are preparing for transfer on Tuesday. We will get a phone call on Sunday to let us know what time and how the embryos are looking. 

As far as medications now, I started a Z-pak on Wednesday night to kill any bacteria that could keep the embryos from implanting. Then Thursday night I started taking a steroid to suppress my immune system so that I won't reject the embryos when they are put back on Tuesday. I also started my Progesterone in Oil shots (PIO) again Thursday night. Also started again is the estrogen pills to keep the lining of my uterus where its supposed to be for implantation. 

I feel pretty good about this cycle. I hoping my life changes have paid off. We are really hoping that this is the last time we have to go through the stimulation and retrieval. Hopefully we will get pregnant with this cycle and there will be some left to freeze for the future. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment