Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

And The Wait Begins (1dp5dt)

I have to say that I am forever grateful for this experience that we've gone through. Did I wish to go through this? No. But through this process I have found out many things about myself. I hate being patient, I am an instant satisfaction kind of person. Seriously, I thought that it would be no big deal to get pregnant. I mean seriously, if everything had gone like it was supposed to I would have a 1 year old right now. I guess all good things to those who wait, right? Here's hoping! Another thing that I have found during this experience that I am gluten sensitive. Now who's to say that I wouldn't have figured this out in the future, but now I know and have changed my lifestyle to reflect it.

So transfer yesterday went off without a hitch. When we arrived at the office we were whisked into the the "recovery room" and talked to the embryologist about our embryos. We had gotten a call on Sunday letting us know that all 16 of the ones that fertilized were right on track. Yesterday we were told that one had pretty much fizzled out and we were left with 15. Of those 15 they had picked out 2 really good looking embryos. They grade on a scale that looks at the the inner cell mass (the part that becomes the baby), the trophectoderm (the outer cells) and how expanded the embryos are. The two that we were able to put back were 5AA and 5BA. Those are the best you can get!

The embryologist brought up the possibility of transferring a third embryo back. Its funny because Nick and I had been talking about that for a couple of days. The only reason we were contemplating it was to give us better odds of getting pregnant. Turns out that with transferring 1 you have a 30% chance of being pregnant, transferring 2 you have a 50% chance. Adding a 3rd only brings your chances up to 58%.  Transferring 3 embryos gives you a 5-7% chance of having triplets. It looked like we were going to have quite a few to freeze for later use, so we decided that we would just transfer 2 this time and then there would be embryos for the future if we needed them.

I felt ok yesterday, except for a few times when I had pain going through my abdomen which come to find out was probably gas pains. I still have big ovaries so I can feel those at times too. But overall I feel pretty good. I am continuing to be shot with progesterone in oil (PIO) shots every night and take estrogen pills twice a day.

This morning we got a call from the embryologist. They were able to freeze 3 embryos yesterday and 3 more today. Folks that means we have 6 frozen embryos for the future! Talk about excited!  I am having a hard time not being excited about this cycle. Everything has gone so well, even above and beyond what we expected. I can't help not thinking that this is going to work. Once again we are back to my being an instant satisfaction girl!  Only time will tell!

4 comments:

  1. Great results! Sending you a ton of sticky bean vibes! May this be your cycle for a take home baby and future ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I am hoping this is the cycle as well!

      Delete
  2. What great news, Christy! I'm so glad I found your blog. Rooting for you and hope you don't even need those frozen embies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessah, I love your blog as well. I am glad you like mine!

      Delete