Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Onward and Upward?

I'm sorry that I haven't posted sooner. The last couple of days have been very busy.  I added a couple of pages to the blog; Our Story and Timeline. I thought it would be nice to have a quick link to see how far we've come through this process.

We had our ultrasound on September 12th. When we walked into the office we noticed that it was very busy. There was hardly anywhere to sit. I was reading another bloggers blog the other day and something she said made an impression. She said that she is glad that she doesn't have to go to a regular OB office and see all the pregnant and happy women around. Going to the RE is so much better. No pregnant bellies to look at all the time. However, there are still instances in which women do get pregnant at the RE office. Thursday was one of those days that I noticed it. A women came out of the exam rooms into the waiting area carrying ultrasound pictures. You could clearly see on the pictures the gestational sac. Seeing those pictures sent me into a tail spin. I at least waited until we were in the exam room and then I lost it. It's not fair.

I've been taking Lupron for the last two weeks. The ultrasound  on the 12th was a smashing success. No cysts!  I guess there is a first for everything, huh? So, Sunday I started the ovary stimulation process. I continue to do Lupron 5 IU every morning and then at night I do Follistim 225 IU and 1 vial of Menopur; all three are shots in my abdomen. I already have bruises on my left side from the Lupron. I will continue to do this regimen until Friday when we go in for another ultrasound. This ultrasound will check how the eggs are growing and see what I need to do next. This cycle needs to work.

I promised that I would post pictures of our house process as soon as I figured out how to. It was a long process, but here ya go!

Our Lot


The power box that went up so construction can begin.


These are our exterior selections. The stone is going to be on the bottom of the house. The blue chip is the color of our siding and shakes. The white chip is the color of all of the trim, our garage door, and front door. 

We were in Indiana Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We spent Friday meeting with the mortgage people and doing some things for the credentialing process for Parkview. We also were able to spend time with some good friends, Dave and Stacy. It was a good weekend overall. I love going back for visits to Indiana. Can't wait for it to be permanent!

Anyway, I am trying to keep my hopes up for this cycle and praying that maybe God had a plan in all of this and that He knew that we needed to be going home to family before he would give us the joy of being parents. I have to keep telling myself that just so I can make it through the day. 

1 comment:

  1. Am praying for you. just know you have so many people who care.

    ReplyDelete