Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Love

Today I was reminded of how much I love my husband. Let me explain...

Yesterday I went to the office for another ultrasound and estrogen level. Nick wasn't able to be there for this appointment as he had gone back to Indiana to help his family at Johnny Appleseed Festival.  This time there wasn't anyone in the office when I walked in. It helped that it was only 8:10 in the morning. I walked in had my estrogen drawn by the wonderful Kim and then went into a room for my ultrasound. Boy had they grown since Friday. On the right I had eggs measuring from 14-21 and on the left  from 15-21. Everything looked good and Dr. M thought we were ready to go. Typically I would have triggered with an HCG shot on Monday night, however they wanted to push me an extra day. I was told to take the same doses of medication that I had been taking and to come back on Tuesday (today) for another ultrasound and estrogen level. That was all fine until my estrogen level came back. It was 3,065, awfully high. My estrogen level went from 755 on Friday to 3,065 on Monday. This puts me at risk of having Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndromw  (see OHSS explanation). So the plan changed. I dropped the amount of Follistim that I take at night to 150 IU. Then I took my Lupron this morning.

I had to work today in order to get Thursday off for the egg retrieval. I felt like crap. I was hot, nauseous, emotional and hurting. It felt like I was carrying around two grapefruit in my abdomen. I ended up bawling in the middle of rounds this morning. Luckily for me we were almost done and my attending physician completely understood. I stuck out the rest of the day since my appointment was at 4:30 today on the same side of town. Now we get to my I am completely in love with my husband. Nick had to work today. I thought we could face time for the appointment this afternoon and I let him know when I was on my way to the office. When I got to the office I found that we did indeed get to "face time." He was there! He had asked his boss if he could come for the ultrasound. We got in the elevator and I started crying again. I was so glad that he was there.

There wasn't anyone left in the office that late so we pretty much got in and out. I had my blood drawn for an estrogen level, which won't be back until tomorrow, unfortunately not by Kim. This time it hurt. I'm sure it will bruise. Then we went for the ultrasound. Dr. N did the ultrasound this time. This time on the left they range from 19-26 and the right they range from 13-26. Everything is good. I will trigger with an HCG shot tonight at 8:30pm and then we will go in Thursday for the retrieval.  I will probably not post anything until Friday after they call and tell us how many eggs were retrieved and fertilized. I am hoping that in the end off of the heartache the last 2 1/2 years will be worth it with this cycle and I will come home with my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment